Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Doin' it again!

Okay, so I made an attempt to write something here yesterday...but then the 'puter crashed! You wouldn't think that a puter that isn't even a year old would do such a thing...oh well.
So, anyways, I'll make an attempt to recall what I was trying to write.

I do recall saying that I'd write something on Alito on Friday...that just didn't happen. Anyhoo, he's supposed to be voted on today but the Dems got there way and a delayed vote for next week. Seriously, those Dems on the judiciary committee are so...grrr! I know that when Clinton had two nominees for the supreme court that the GOP didn't put up a stink...and they had control of the legislature. They looked at the qualifications of the two and then voted. Now, fast-forward about 10 years... or in the way that Sen. Kennedy is going about things, you can look to how he's lead a smear campaign against a GOP nom. ever since he's been on the judiciary committee! (And that's a long time!) And it wasn't just with Alito, even with Roberts they tried the same old tactics and for Roberts benefit, he outsmarted all of them. It's just sad that the Dems didn't really even give him a chance, they had made up their minds before they met him all because he's a canidate from the other side of the spectrum. (The same can be said about Clinton's nominations.)
Ever since before the last election, I've said that we need to have a more multi-party system. This Alito thing just brings that up again. The system that we have is failing more and more as groups of people get more conservative and more liberal and, you could even say, more centrist. If we had a system like Israel or Germany, where the parties would have to come together to form a coalition to have things get done, that could prove to be beneficial. However, no matter what political system we have, it will always be corrupt! That's just how it is.

I also wrote about the NFL divisonal games from this past weekend. I don't know how Indy's fans are dealing with their Colts, but I'd be upset with them on the basis that we go to those games looking to see the big names play. If we want to see the backups play, we go to pre-season games. Otherwise, we are paying top dollar to see these highly paid athletes play. (This goes for any sport, esp. with football that has a regualr season of 16 games- we can give some slack to the baseball teams, 162 regular season games is a lot.) I understand in a coach and owner wanting to "protect" their assets, but what about us regular joes who pay too much for tickets. (Besides them wanting us to eat their overly priced foods...which we have to pay for when we are watching a boring game of backups playing!) All I can say is that I very much so dislike it when a team rests their starters when it's still regular season...whether they got something to play for or not, they get paid money to play not sit. And, if you are in the position that the Colts are in, keep your starters playing at least the first half...keep them in some form of rhythm that way it doesn't take you 3 quarters to get it back!

Anyhoo, things are going well here. It's nice to finally have my house back to myself...in a sense. It was definately nice coming home to have people there and then being able to go out and do something. But, the routine is good to get back into. For how random I can be, there is some structure I like to have...perhaps that makes me not so random then...hmmm...

Oh, so in my sermon from the pass Sunday, I told the congregation to "Chew on that!" Well, I was talking about how Christianity is the only way and it sounds like an exclusive religion. Which is so true, esp. when Jesus says that "I'm the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the father but through me." (Or from my Hawaiian Bible: Jesus tell um, "No mo odda guy can bring peopo to da fadda, ony me. I bring peope to um, jalike I da road. I da guy who get da trut. I da guy dat make da peopo come alive fo real kine." John 14:6, Hawaii Pidgin) But what I had said in my sermon was, "Christianity is the most inclusive-exclusive religion there is, take some time to chew on that." And it's true, Christianity is the most inclusive, because God wants all people to come to Him- we are commanded to go to all people; and it's just as exclusive because of John 14:6, quoted above.

Well, I should get some work done here! Peace in.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You da man for havin da big book. jill's husband has it too and we read out of it everyonce in a while. pretty fun reading if you ask me.

January 22, 2006 8:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home