Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Well, I'm still here!

All Saint's Day went well. It was a long day though. And I didn't get a chance to workout, which was something that I had wanted to do...but a day off is good too.
I had my meeting with Dr. Neilsen yesterday, which went well. We talked about somethings that have been happening on my vicarage and what not. He helped me to see somethings that I hadn't expected to have happen with me, further he gave me some necessary advice too. (Sorry about the lack of specifics, but I think that there isn't a need for me to go into those details...) I must admit that I do get uptight around quite a few Seminary people, even some Synod people, which is weird and it is hard to explain why sometimes too. With the Sem. people, I think that it's because they have so much control over what will happen with me over the next couple of years yet and I feel that I cannot be myself around them. But, I felt more comfortable with Dr. Neilsen once we started talking.
Monday night into Tuesday was not the greatest night of sleep ever. I was thinking about so many different things...however, none of those "things" concerned my meeting with Dr. Neilsen. One of my problems is that I think way too much! I should stop doing that! Last night's rest was great! One of the best nights of sleep that I've had in a long time.
My Church 101 class went well. I had 5 people there, we were hoping for more, but 5 people is still great! We are starting with the basics from the Bible, about God's amazing grace, and also as a guide we are using "God for Us," which is a CPH publication for adult confirmation. I hope that they have more questions next week when we talk about: "How do we know?" (That's in talking about God, how do we know that He exists?) So, I'm looking forward to that. Speaking of things to look forward to, this Friday is supposed to be the junior high lock-in, which should be pretty good...hopefully we get enough kids! (I've found that it's hard to get that age group involved, which I find interesting...I thought that we'd have more problems getting high schoolers involved.) I'm glad that this weekend will be pretty busy, a nice change in pace! Go Gators! (Honestly, I don't care...about them; it's the experience that I'm looking forward to!)
About a month ago, we had a memorial service for a woman named Ruby Armstrong- I was not able to meet her, but she did have a saying that many people said was "her" saying. She said, "Lord, you never promised it would be easy, but you never said it would be so hard." That is so true, perhaps even more so for my brother vicars and myself.
Best Idea today: I woke up before my alarm! That, for me, is a good sign that I've slept well!
Worst Idea today: Well, I was so worn out yesterday- physically, mentally, and emotionally, that it took a 20oz Dewski to keep me going...soda is not healthy.
Hobby Idea today: Guiness Book of World Records Breaking - Starting with something easy... Submitted by Vicar Matt P.
If anyone outthere who reads this blog has any ideas concerning the "hobby idea," send it to me...I'll put it on here, depending on appropriateness. For example, taking up surfing- appropriate. Seeing how long it takes to get drunk off of moonshine- not appropriate.

1 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

brett, what's up man. glad vicarage is going well in FL. things are good here in the twin cities. drop by my blog and say hi.

nate peregoy

November 03, 2005 5:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home