Thursday, March 30, 2006

Whoa...it's been a while!

So, I realize that it's been a long while since I've posted anything on here! There is good reason for that too! I promise.
So, Lent is a busy time of year- throw in the usual: Sunday morning stuff- preaching and teaching, Wednesday night youth group, Bible study on Thursdays...then add a Lenten service to the mix, that just adds to the intensity a little bit. But that's only a little reason why that I haven't been writing much here...
The other reason goes to about 4 weeks ago when I started dating someone. It's been great so far! And we've done a lot! The first weekend we were dating we went to Disney World- which was a wicked awesome time. We went to the Magic Kingdom, MGM Studios, and Animal Kingdom. Well, it just wasn't us, it was also Erin's brother, Mark, and his girlfriend, Carrie. Erin wasn't much of a fan of rollercoasters until after this day. Oh, we got to ride the new one at Animal Kingdom- Expedition Everest. It was pretty sweet.
2 weekends ago, we spent most of our time in St. Augustine. We went on two ghost tours...which was pretty interesting. It told us the story of many different things that have happened up there, as well as some scary fun. Well, I didn't really think that it was all that scary...just fun. One interesting tidbit, was in front of the old Spanish hospital, they used to throw bodies and body parts into the street after amputations and what not...sick...bones can still be found underneath the cobblestone street.
Last weekend...well, that weekend sucked. I got pretty sick and I wasn't in town either. I went down to Marco Island to visit a member of my home church and I spent most of my time there sleeping. I ended up going to the emergency room on Saturday night...not fun. I had tonsillitis. So, I'm still working through the meds on that.
My goal is to try to write more frequently...hopefully with some pictures soon!

5 Comments:

Blogger josh said...

Congrats on the Girlfriend. That's awesome. Sorry to hear about your tonsils. Is that the girlfriend's fault I wonder. . . ?

March 30, 2006 10:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have the same question as josh, what have you been doing brett??? anyway, sounds like you had an awesome time over the last few weeks, minus the sickness. get better soon.

March 30, 2006 1:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you again! Your Mom tells us you will be coming home on the day Heather has her graduation and you are bringing Erin! Be good to see you, can hardly to wait to meet Erin. She sounds great! Karen and I are going to make the graduation on the 5th. See you when you get home! Love-Big Gram

March 31, 2006 11:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed reading your bolg, Brett. God bless your recovery.

March 31, 2006 12:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun times Brett. I am trying to figure out a comparable date to Disney World near Grand Forks.....

nope...not possible.

March 31, 2006 1:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home